The construction documents are clear, concise and
detailed. All construction documents are designed by Brenda Rand. Each plan
is designed to meet nationally recognized building codes. construction
documents will vary depending on the size and complexity of the home and the
style of the individual customer. Each set may include the following
1. Exterior Elevations - show the front, rear and sides of the
house, including exterior materials, details and measurements.
2. Detailed Floor Plans - show the placement of interior walls and
the dimensions for rooms, doors, windows, stairways, etc. of each level of
3. Foundation Plans - include drawings for a full, partial or
daylight basement and/or crawlspace.
4. Roof Plans - provide the layout of rafters, dormers, gables and
other elements including clerestory windows and skylights.
5. Lighting Plan - show the suggested locations for switches,
fixtures and outlets.
6. Site Plan - show the suggested locations for
Main house, access buildings, pools and landscape vegetation.
NOTE: Due to regional variations it is impossible
to include much detail on heating, plumbing and electrical work. Duct
work, venting and other details vary depending on the type of heating,
cooling system (forced , hot water, electric, solar) and the type of
energy (gas, oil, electricity, solar) that you use. These details and
specifications are easily obtained from your builder, contractor or local